I cannot believe that it is almost September. I feel like this year is flying by and I am a little sad that summer is almost over. The only good thing about the start of Fall is that it also means my TV shows are back! Here is the list of returning shows that I am most excited about watching.
1. Sons of Anarchy final season premieres September 9th on FX, stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Kim Coates, Theo Rossi, Tommy Flanagan, Mark Boone Junior, Dayton Callie, David Labrava, Michael Ornstein and Drea de Matteo. I am equally excited and sad about this season because I cannot wait to see what happens next but I do not ever want it to end! I trust that Kurt will take us on a crazy, fun ride that may or may not end in a horrible fiery crash.
2. The Good Wife season five premieres September 21 on CBS, stars Julianna Margulies, Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi, Christine Baranski, Alan Cumming and Chris Noth. I started to doubt this show halfway through season three, but I pushed through and was rewarded with an absolutely fantastic season four. Every performer is at the top of their game and the writing is impeccable. Now that Alicia is a little further removed from the loss of Will, it will be interesting to see how she moves on with her life and her career.
3. Sleepy Hollow season two premieres September 22 on Fox, stars Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, Lyndie Greenwood and John Noble. I was hoping that the first season of this show would be good and was happily surprised when it exceeded my expectations. At the end of last season, every single character was in a very precarious position so I cannot wait to see how they save themselves and each other.
4. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 premieres September 23 on ABC, stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge. It took a little while for this show to really find its footing in the first season but, when they finally did, they took us on a great ride. I am excited to see where we are headed, as the events of the season will surely lead us into the Avengers movie next summer.
5. The Goldbergs season two premieres September 24 on ABC, stars Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jeff Garlin, George Segal, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia and the voice of Patton Oswalt. This shows consistently makes me laugh, and also makes me feel old as it brings back memories of my ’80s childhood. I look forward to more fun Philly references and a lot more Big Tasty!
6. Parenthood final season premieres September 25 on NBC, stars Craig T. Nelson, Bonnie Bedelia, Peter Krause, Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, Erika Christensen, Monica Potter, Joy Bryant, Sam Jaeger, Mae Whitman, Sarah Ramos, Miles Heizer, Max Burkholder, Xolo Maridueña, Savannah Paige Rae and Tyree Brown. I am sad that it is the last season because I just really love all of these characters and feel like like I am one of the Bravermans. Showrunner Jason Katims has said that the final season will focus on one big event that will impact the entire family. I do not know what that event will be, but I will definitely have my box of tissues at the ready!
7. Arrow season three premieres October 8 on the CW, stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne Caity Lotz and Colton Haynes. As I said in last week’s post, I am not someone who grew up reading comic books, but this has become one of my favorite shows. The stakes keep getting raised for every character and it looks like this season they will be even higher with the introduction of supervillain Ra’s al Ghul.
8. The Newsroom final season premieres November 9 on HBO, stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, Olivia Munn, Alison Pill, Dev Patel, John Gallagher Jr and Thomas Sadoski. I am an Aaron Sorkin diehard, so I have loved this show from the start. Last season faltered a little bit, but was still funny and heart-warming and intense. I really just need Maggie and Jim to get together by the end and I will be happy.