Everyone went back to school this week here in Austin, so I thought I would give you my list of TV schools that would have been a lot of fun to have attended in real life. I was never a big fan of studying when I was in school, so most of these choices are not academic in the least.
1. Liberty High School – My So-Called Life Executive Producer Marshall Herskovitz is from Philadelphia and I am pretty sure that this show is supposed to have taken place at Lower Merion High School, so technically I did go to Liberty. However, I do not remember Jordan Catalano being there.
2. Neptune High – Veronica Mars Sadly, I probably would have been friends with the 09ers in high school, or at least the jocks. However, I definitely would have gravitated towards the Meg Mannings, as opposed to the Madison Sinclairs. Either way, Veronica always kept things interesting.
3. Cyprus-Rhodes University – Greek I was not in a sorority in college and I definitely would not have joined Zeta Beta Zeta, but I would have had a lot of fun hanging out with the Kappa Tau’s at all of their crazy parties.
4. S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy – Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who wouldn’t want to learn how to be a super secret agent?!
5. Chatswin High School – Suburgatory The actual people in this school probably would have driven me crazy, but the school itself had some pretty cool perks, like Body Talk with Ryan Shay.
6. Sunnydale – Buffy the Vampire Slayer Your chances of getting killed or eaten were higher, but so was the chance of class being canceled because of snakes in the cafeteria, a wasp infestation or your teacher being eaten by a giant praying mantis.
7. Dillon High School – Friday Night Lights Two words: Tim. Riggins. Also, it would have been awesome to have Tami Taylor as my guidance counselor.
8. Greendale Community College – Community They play paintball, build pillow/blanket forts and sometimes pretended the ground is lava. I am not sure how much actual learning is done, but it would have been a lot of fun to be a student.