I grew up with a mother who did not really know how to do anything to my hair except put it in a ponytail. (Yes, I had a bowl cut for much of my childhood, let’s not talk about it.) Needless to say, I have always been jealous of people who can pull off funky hairstyles. This is my list of female TV characters with awesomely crazy hair. Spoiler Alert: there are lots of braids.
1. Naevia – Spartacus, played by Cynthia Addai Robinson
When you are spending most of your time killing Romans, you need some badass hair to go along with your new badass gladiator skills.
2. Suzanne ‘Crazy Eyes’ Warren – Orange Is The New Black, played by Uzo Aduba
This hairstyle totally suits her personality and I do not think her eyes would look quite as crazy without it.
3. Rayanne Graff – My So-Called Life, played by A.J. Langer
Rayanne’s style is totally ’90s Grunge and I always loved the one random strand in the front that was usually blonde, but was sometimes other funky colors.
4. Octavia – The 100, played by Marie Avgeropoulos
Once she joined the Grounders, Octavia needed to look the part of one of their warriors.
5. Lagertha Lothbrok – Vikings, played by Katheryn Winnick
Lagertha is a powerful sheild-maiden who holds her own while fighting alongside her kinsmen. This is a show that I have not yet started watching, but I still envy her awesome hair!
6. Evil Queen – Once Upon a Time, played by Lana Parilla
As Regina, her hair is stylish, but not very exciting. However, as the Evil Queen, her outfits and hair are pretty spectacular.
7. Cosima Niehaus – Orphan Black, played by Tatiana Maslany
Cosima is the science geek goddess of her seestras and this hairstyle totally suits her pot-smoking personality.
8. Daenerys Targaryen – Game of Thrones, played by Emilia Clarke
While I am not a huge fan of the bleach blonde locks with the dark eyebrows, as the last living member of the House Targaryen, Dany needs some regal hair.