As I do every year, this is my list of returning mid-season shows that I am most excited about. I will get my list of new shows up in the next few days.
1. Galavant premieres January 3rd on ABC, stars Joshua Sasse, Timothy Omundson, Mallory Jansen, Karen David, Luke Youngblood, Darren Evans, and Vinnie Jones. Last season Galavant discovered the dark side of Magdalena, so now he must fight to rekindle the romance with his true love, Isabella. This show is just so much fun. I love that the first episode of the season is called: “A New Season aka Suck It Cancellation Bear.”
2. New Girl premieres January 5th on Fox, stars Zooey Deschanel, Jake Johnson, Lamorne Morris, Hannah Simone, and Max Greenfield. After a long hiatus due to Deschanel’s real life pregnancy, the gang is back and they are getting ready for Cece and Schmidt’s wedding. The show waivered a bit in season three, but was funnier than ever in season four, so I cannot wait to see what kind of shenanigans happen next.
3. Shameless premieres January 10th on Showtime, stars Emmy Rossum, Jeremy Allen White, Cameron Monaghan, Emma Kenney, Ethan Cutkosky, Shanola Hampton, Steve Howey, Noel Fisher, and William H. Macy. I am still mad at Fiona for screwing things up with Gus, but am so happy to have the Gallaghers back on my television. They make me feel so much better about my life and they always make me laugh.
4. Younger premieres January 13th on TVLand, stars Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Miriam Shor, and Debi Mazar. Josh now knows Liza’s secret, but can he help her keep it? And can she continue to hide the truth from her new best friend and co-workers? I adore this series and the entire fabulous cast. If you are not already watching this show, you should start immediately.
5. Agent Carter premieres January 19th on ABC, stars Hayley Atwell, James D’Arcy, Chad Michael Murray, Enver Gjokaj, and Dominic Cooper. Peggy and the boys are heading to Hollywood! Even though the first season was only eight episodes, it was one of my favorite shows in 2015. Peggy is a total bad ass. She is sarcastic and sassy and smart, and I wish she were a real person so we could be friends.
6. The 100 premieres January 21st on The CW, stars Eliza Taylor, Paige Turco, Bob Morley, Marie Avgeropoulos, Devon Bostick, Christopher Larkin, Henry Ian Cusick, Lindsey Morgan, Ricky Whittle, and Isaiah Washington. It took me a little while to really get into this show, but now I am totally on board. I absolutely never know what is coming next and am constantly on the edge of my seat.
7. Lost Girl premieres February 1st on Syfy, stars Anna Silk, Ksenia Solo, Kris Holden-Ried, Zoie Palmer, Rachel Skarsten, and Rick Howland. This one might be considered a guilty pleasure, but I still love it. We will finally see if Bo will follow in her father’s footsteps and cross over to the dark side. I could not find the Syfy trailer, so this is the trailer from Canada’s Showcase Network, which aired the final season last Fall.
8. Banshee premieres April 1st on Cinemax, stars Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Ulrich Thomsen, Hoon Lee, Matt Servitto, Ryann Shane, Lili Simmons, Matthew Rauch, and Frankie Faison. I only just started watching this show over the summer and am sad that there is only one season left. However, I am very excited for the new season to start and I am also thrilled about Eliza Dushku joining the cast for the final episodes. It should be a wild ride to the finish.