I am not what you would call a ‘foodie,’ but I do enjoy eating, especially if there is cheese involved. These are my favorite TV restaurants where I would most like to dine, either because of the ambiance or the food that they served.
1. Nolita – Kitchen Confidential
Two words: Bradley Cooper. Also, the food actually looked really good.
2. The Icehouse – Dawson’s Creek
I think it would have been fun to compare Bodie and Pacey’s cooking skills. Who was the better chef? The restaurant was a little classier when Pacey re-opened, but the original location had character.
3. Monk’s – Seinfeld
The one thing that Austin is lacking, in terms of food, is a good Jewish deli. All I’m asking for is a corn beef sandwich with a little cole slaw and Russian dressing, and maybe some matzo ball soup!
4. Rammer Jammer – Hart of Dixie
I don’t know if the food is any good, but they usually have live music or some crazy town event going on, so it would least be an entertaining meal.
Last night at sundown was the start of Rosh Hashanah, which is the Jewish New Year. I am not Jewish, but many of my friends are and celebrate the holiday, so this is a list of my favorite Jewish characters on television.
1. Jerry Seinfeld – Seinfeld played by Jerry Seinfeld. Jerry was a stand-up comedian on a show about nothing. One of my favorite episodes was about Jerry getting upset because his dentist converted to Judaism and he thinks it was for the jokes.
2. Beverly Goldberg – The Goldbergs played by Wendi McLendon-Covey. Beverly actually reminds me of some of my friends’ mothers, which is why I think I love her so much.
3. Bobby “Elvis” Munson – Sons of Anarchy played by Mark Boone Junior. Aside from the fact that he’s part of a motorcycle club that runs guns and owns a porn studio, I would enjoy having someone like Bobby in my life. He often bakes banana bread for the club and is an Elvis impersonator! What’s not to love?
4. Ross Gellar – Friends played by David Schwimmer. I could have included his sister Monica as well, but Ross dressed up as an armadillo to teach his son about Hannukah, so he is the one that made the list.
My best friend just had her second baby two weeks ago, so in honor of Chase and because his mother requested this list, I present to you my favorite food related storylines.
1. Friends – Rachel’s Trifle This whole episode is one of my favorites, especially when Ross and Monica’s mother calls everybody out at the end, but it all starts with the trifle.
2. Kitchen Confidential – Chef Gerard After one too many bypass surgeries, instead of deciding to start eating healthy, Jack’s culinary school professor chooses Nolita as the location for his very last meal.
3. Seinfeld – Soup Nazi You cannot have a food-related list and not include this episode. It is just so funny and it makes me yell, “No soup for you!”
4. Sons of Anarchy – Chuckie’s Chili Chuckie finds an interesting place to hide a head that was dropped on SAMCRO’s doorstep from the deputies that are searching the clubhouse. They even ask to taste the chili because it just smells so good.