Everyone went back to school this week here in Austin, so I thought I would give you my list of TV schools that would have been a lot of fun to have attended in real life. I was never a big fan of studying when I was in school, so most of these choices are not academic in the least.
1. Liberty High School – My So-Called Life Executive Producer Marshall Herskovitz is from Philadelphia and I am pretty sure that this show is supposed to have taken place at Lower Merion High School, so technically I did go to Liberty. However, I do not remember Jordan Catalano being there.
2. Neptune High – Veronica Mars Sadly, I probably would have been friends with the 09ers in high school, or at least the jocks. However, I definitely would have gravitated towards the Meg Mannings, as opposed to the Madison Sinclairs. Either way, Veronica always kept things interesting.
3. Cyprus-Rhodes University – Greek I was not in a sorority in college and I definitely would not have joined Zeta Beta Zeta, but I would have had a lot of fun hanging out with the Kappa Tau’s at all of their crazy parties.
4. S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy – Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who wouldn’t want to learn how to be a super secret agent?!
1. Enlisted – The cast is hilarious, the writing is amazing and the show has so much heart. It deals with real issues of PTSD, but is also basically just an office comedy at the center. All of the episodes are on Hulu and Fox.com and there are FOUR episodes left to air this season! You will laugh. You will cry. You will want to hang out with the cast and crew during their weekly live-tweets.
2. Masters of Sex – I absolutely loved the first season of this Showtime show. The cast performances were fantastic and the fact that it is based on real people made it incredibly fascinating to me. Season Two premieres in July, so you have plenty of time to catch up!
3. Trophy Wife – The title of this show does not do it justice and was actually always meant to be ironic. Malin Ackerman plays Bradley Whitford’s very hot third wife, but she also tries extremely hard to be a good mom and is actually in love with her older husband, not just married for the money. This is another comedy where every member of the ensemble was so well cast and has great chemistry.
4. Orphan Black – Even though this show is getting rave reviews from critics, I feel like the general public has still not yet caught on to its amazingness. You will get hooked by the first episode and proudly proclaim yourself part of the Clone Club. Season Two premieres on April 19th and I am unabashedly excited.