I have never been super creative when it comes to Halloween costumes, as a kid I tended to dress as a witch or something else where I could use clothes I already owned, so I always love other people’s crazy ideas. These are my favorite costumes worn by television characters.
1. Ross as Spudnik – Friends
I mostly love that Ross is dressed as a giant potato.
2. Jess as Zombie Woody Allen – New Girl
It is just so random. Costumes like this would never even occur to me.
3. Ted as a Hanging Chad – How I Met Your Mother
I love that he wore the same costume every single year to the same party hoping to run into the Slutty Pumpkin that he met once, even though his costume was no longer topical.
4. Bert as Iron Man – Trophy Wife
Okay, so technically, Bert was dressed in the actual Iron Man costume, but Jackie’s misunderstanding of what costume he wanted is funnier.
1. Enlisted – The cast is hilarious, the writing is amazing and the show has so much heart. It deals with real issues of PTSD, but is also basically just an office comedy at the center. All of the episodes are on Hulu and Fox.com and there are FOUR episodes left to air this season! You will laugh. You will cry. You will want to hang out with the cast and crew during their weekly live-tweets.
2. Masters of Sex – I absolutely loved the first season of this Showtime show. The cast performances were fantastic and the fact that it is based on real people made it incredibly fascinating to me. Season Two premieres in July, so you have plenty of time to catch up!
3. Trophy Wife – The title of this show does not do it justice and was actually always meant to be ironic. Malin Ackerman plays Bradley Whitford’s very hot third wife, but she also tries extremely hard to be a good mom and is actually in love with her older husband, not just married for the money. This is another comedy where every member of the ensemble was so well cast and has great chemistry.
4. Orphan Black – Even though this show is getting rave reviews from critics, I feel like the general public has still not yet caught on to its amazingness. You will get hooked by the first episode and proudly proclaim yourself part of the Clone Club. Season Two premieres on April 19th and I am unabashedly excited.