To be fair, not all of these characters are actually excellent at being the boss, but they are still fun to watch! Happy National Boss’s Day!
1. Wilhelmina Slater – Ugly Betty, played by Vanessa Williams. Willie was not the nicest person, to say the least, but she did know how to run a magazine.
2. Josiah Bartlett – The West Wing, played by Martin Sheen. I do not care what anyone else says, President Bartlett is and will always be my favorite TV President.
3. Nancy Botwin – Weeds, played by Mary Louise Parker. Okay, Nancy was actually a really horrible boss. She always seemed to make spectacularly bad decisions, but could somehow still find a way to make everything right(ish) in the end.
4. Art Mullen – Justified, played by Nick Searcy. While Art seems to have a hard time controlling Raylan and keeping him out of trouble, he always has the best lines.
These days, a lot of shows do not really have a full opening theme, they just have a name card, but I really enjoy credits when they are done correctly. Most of my choices are due mainly to the music used for each show and sometimes it is hard to pinpoint exactly what about each one I enjoy, but they all make me really happy when I watch them…and I always watch these.
1. Grey’s Anatomy I am obviously referring to the original credits, as now they just flash the name of the show with random hospital sounds in the background. I just thought that they were creative and fit the mood of the show. I am not sure why they stopped using them, but I still miss them.
2. Jack & Bobby The music is from the movie The Patriot and was composed by the amazing John Williams. I love the combination of this soundtrack with clips of former U.S. Presidents speaking.
3. Deadwood This one is actually the ringtone on my phone. I love the music and the images used. It is beautiful, sexy and captivating.
4. Suits I am not really sure what it is about this one that I enjoy so much. I just think the music and the lyrics in the song really fit with the show. Love that Greenback Boogie!