This has felt like one of the longest weeks ever, and it is still only Thursday. I just wish that I could grab a drink at one of these awesome bars. Okay, you should probably avoid most of these places, but visiting them would definitely make your life a little more interesting.
1. MacLaren’s Pub – How I Met Your Mother
Get hit on by Barney or have him introduce you to Ted, witness many a high-five, and maybe hang out with Nick Swisher (or get the chance to heckle him).
2. The Bent Elbow – Witches of East End
Party with the Beauchamp women, taste test one of Freya’s (hopefully harmless) magic potions, and maybe avoid the painting in the bathroom.
3. The Alibi Room – Shameless
Get drunk with Frank Gallagher and listen to his next crazy idea first-hand, play some pool, or go upstairs to spend time with a Russian prostitute.
4. Boyd’s Bar – Justified
Unless you just cannot find any bourbon elsewhere, the only other reason to be in this bar would be to join Boyd’s crew. Either way, just make sure you are well-armed.
Two weeks ago, I told you which new summer shows I was planning to watch, so I will now give you the list of returning shows that I enjoy the most.
1. Orange Is The New Black, season 2 will be released June 6th on Netflix. In my opinion, this is the best of Netflix’s original shows. Every one in the main cast is great, but it is the phenomenal supporting cast that really makes up the heart and soul of this show. They are each amazing and essential to the story and I am excited to delve deeper into their individual stories.
2. Suits, season 4 premieres June 11th on USA. The writing on this show is so fun and smart and I can never predict where they are going to take us next. In the season three finale, Mike left Pearson Specter to work for an investment company, so it will be interesting to see how they keep him connected to his former firm and to his mentor.
3. Graceland, season 2 also premieres June 11th on USA. This show started off a little slow for me but definitely picked up steam at the end of the first season, which will hopefully carry into this new season. It has a lot of potential to be great and it offers up some twists and turns that definitely keep things interesting.
4. Rookie Blue, season 5 premieres June 19th on ABC. I have been watching this show since the first season and I just cannot stop. I really enjoy the cast and even some of the ridiculous storylines. Will Andy choose Nick or Sam? I HAVE TO KNOW! Also, now every time I see Eric Johnson I cannot help but think, “Chad, shut your stupid mouth and feed the kids.” FYI: The below video preview is from the Canadian channel that airs the show, so the date is incorrect.